Sunday, January 6, 2013

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

This is my 'no-fail' bread recipe.  I make this 2-3 times per week for my family.  It's great, I do not buy 'grocery store' bread.  I can only imagine what all is in it.  After all, Lord knows how long it sits on the shelf.  This is a yummy, easy alternative.

I have to give credit to my GF-Lorie.  I got this fabulous recipe from her a while back.

First let me say, I have a bread maker.  I LOVE my bread maker.  I literally throw everything in, press start, and it does it's thing.  I wouldn't even know how to tell you to make this without one.

In my bread maker (in order)

1 cup room temp water
1tsp salt
2 tbls oil (Olive Oil, Sunflower, Safflower)
1/4 cup fresh, local honey
3 1/2 cups of fresh milled hard wheat  (You could use store bought, I just don't)
2 1/4 tsp Yeast
I turn my bread maker to 1.5lb loaf on a light crust.  It mixes, rises, and cooks and in 3 hours, we have amazing HEALTHY bread.


2 comments:

  1. Any idea how long it would take to bake in the oven & at what temp?

    I have a breadmaker, I just don't like how it cooks- even on a light crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I don't. I would bake it at 375° and try it for about 35-40 minutes. Try looking at it without opening the door too much. If it needs to stay in, you don't want to let all the heat out. I'll ask my gf at church, she mixes hers in the bread maker and bakes it off in the oven.

    ReplyDelete