Sunday, January 13, 2013

Slow Cooker SW Chicken Chili

School, dance, football, gymnastics, Church, work... the list goes on.  I really enjoy cooking.  But sometimes, it is nice to just have dinner done.  You know what is AMAZING for that?  A Crock-Pot!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Crock-Pot!  I literally use it all the time.

When making a meal in my Crock-Pot/slow cooker, I usually assemble it the night before and put it back in the fridge.  On the way out the door, I turn take it out and turn it on.  There is nothing like coming home to dinner that is waiting on me!

Slow Cooker SW Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
4 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (15oz) can pinto beans
1 (15oz) can black beans
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 pound frozen corn
1 (12oz) jar salsa

Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Season lightly with Salt.


 Then, pour the salsa over it and dump everything else on top of that.  (Added about cup of chicken stock as well, mainly to pull that last little bit of salsa and tomatoes out of the cans!)



Cook on low 6-7 hours.  Stir and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment