Monday, January 7, 2013

Rustic Loaf


I totally stole this from Pinterest.  But OH MY GOODNESS, you have to try this.  Anyone can make this, all you need is a little down time.  (like over night!)


Rustic Loaf
3 cups all purpose flour (I used 2 1/2 cups all purpose, 1/2 cup fresh milled hard wheat, it's just what I had on hand)
1 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cups water


Stir all ingredients together, place clear wrap over bowl and let sit on counter 12–18 hours.  Mine sat about 20 hours.




Pre-heat oven to 450° and place a pot in it.  I used a cast iron Dutch oven.  Turn dough out on a well floured surface and form into a ball.  Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.




Bake in pot, for 30 minutes with the lid on.  Remove lid, bake another 15 minutes.


I was pleasantly surprised at this recipe.  It definitely tasted like a lot of work when into it!  Shhh, my little secret!


No comments:

Post a Comment